The Role: Platts is seeking a Conference Producer who will report to the Senior Manager – Conferences (Asia) to play a leading role in the growth of our global energy conference business.
The Impact: You will be expected to create and develop commercially focused, issue-oriented conferences to meet the demands of the industry. You’ll be responsible driving the vision, generating topics, recruiting speakers, developing content and, as the project manager, bringing an exciting portfolio of events to life.
The Skills: As the leading energy information provider, we seek only the most results-oriented, entrepreneurial professional who thrives on responsibility and is driven by the satisfaction of achieving personal excellence.
- Develop and manage conference products with specific P & L responsibilities
- Create powerful commercial agendas by recruiting high level speakers
- Research and develop topics on industry specific trends based on direct market feedback
- Thrive in a multi-task, deadline driven project management environment
- Lead a talented team of operations, marketing and sales staff
- Travel to events and network with hundreds of senior level executives
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Marketing Communications or Business Management
- 2-5 years’ work experience
- Past conference/publishing production experience is a must
- Strong written and verbal/phone communications skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in the energy & commodity industry (oil and gas, petrochemicals, metals, gas and power)
- *Please note that this is a program development role and not an event management role.